It is always a User’s choice whether or not to provide Personal Information. However, if a User chooses not to provide requested Personal Information, that User will not be able to use certain features of the Services. We set out in detail below the information that we collect about Users and Users’ use of our Services. UME does not collect on its own behalf things like protected health information, financial information, date of birth, social security or other government-issued identification number, and other sensitive personal information.
UME requires customers to provide a valid email address to create an account. Additional information may be collected in order to identify and secure the customer account. Accounts that utilize credit card billing will provide our 3rd party credit card payments processor, PayPal, with the required information to establish their billing. UME does not store credit card billing information.
When a participant joins an event hosted on the UME.Studio platform, they may be required to login with an email address or create a guest username, depending on the preference of the event host creator. Email address and guest username will be available to the event host and used at their discretion.
Event recording is not available within the UME.Studio platform. You may not record an event without the explicit permission of all participants and must comply with the privacy requirements of the jurisdiction of each participant.
UME collects various metrics during events to ensure that the platform is operating properly. We utilize a variety of tools to collect and analyze information including google analytics. Participants are able to block google analytics while using the platform.
UME tracks the number of participants, the geographic region they are are entering from and the resources used by each participant during an event. The information is provided to the event host for billing and analytics purposes.
- To third parties where you ask us to do so through the Service, or by allowing such third parties to access your account
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates where they are providing Services
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business solely for the purpose of them providing services to us
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of UME’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by UME about our Website, App, and/or Users are among the assets transferred
- To fulfill the purpose for which Users provide it
- For any other purpose expressly disclosed by us when Users provide the information
UME will keep User’s Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purposes set out below or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with User. Users acknowledge and agree that if User request that User’s name be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all User’s Personal Information due to legal constraints.
- Subscription term and 3 months after account termination
- To provide the Services to you during the subscription term
- 3 years after account termination
- To provide the Services to you during the subscription term and to protect against fraud
As Users navigate through and interact with our Website, App and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about User’s equipment, browsing actions and patterns, location, and workplace usage patterns, including:
- Details of User’s visits to our Website or App and other communication data and the resources that Users access and use on the Website, App or account
- Information about User’s computer and Internet connection, including User’s IP address, operating system, and browser type
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about User’s online activities over time and across third
-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).When Users access and use the Website, App or Services, we may automatically collect certain details of User’s access to and use of the Website, App or Services, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that Users access and use on or through the Website, App or Services
- We may collect information about User’s mobile device and Internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number
- Our Website and App collects real-time information about the location of User’s device
When you use the Services, we may ask you to pay for the use of the Services. Your payment information is processed by our third party payment service providers, and not by UME. UME does not store or have access to your financial information such as credit card numbers or bank numbers.
Users should click on external links at their own risk. We cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
UME’s headquarters in Canada is our primary location for business operations, but may process or transfer data in or to other jurisdictions in the course of providing the Services.For example, regarding normal business operations, UME may engage a third-party to support our data storage, data processing, billing, support services, information technology, or mailings on our behalf, which third party’s facilities may be located in another jurisdiction. We may also disclose User’s Personal Information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect User’s safety, or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
UME Chief Privacy Officer
Detailed security reports are available by request.